Saturday, May 19, 2012

Can you EVER be satisfied with your comic collection?

I just had a thought. My comic collection, compared to 6 months ago, is pretty great. Am I satisfied with it? No. Am I anywhere near a completed series? No, again. Am I still ecstatic about my comics? You bet yer ass!

But I find myself always caught up with filling in the holes. I'm still very new to comics. That being said, I started collecting in January 2012, and currently own 333 issues. Needless to say I get a little excited about my hobby. I would seem to myself much further ahead if I had stuck with 4 or 5 main series to collect. That's where it started. But now, as I discover new series, new creators and characters, I find myself pulling 16 titles currently, probably adding 2 more, and am set to pull all 7 of the Before Watchmen series.

Maybe you can be satisfied with your comics. But as far as I can tell, most series release once a month. Some more, some a bit less. That says to me that the majority of readers and collectors can't get enough. I know that's just the way it's always been. But seeing as sales have dropped so drastically, I'd say it's the one thing brining people back. The constant hunger for the next issue, or the last 129 that you're missing.

I'm rambling now. The point is, I don't think I will ever be satisfied with my comic collection. Happy with it? Absolutely. Done with it? Never. Tommy, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment